Thursday 3 February 2011

Angie's story, UK - very fast V-BAC delivery

"Second Births Can Be Natural Deliveries After C-sections

Angie Mum of Two

My first labour lasted 13hrs and after being fully dilated, was told baby was stuck and had a c-section. Which resulted in a beautiful baby girl 7lb 6oz.

After always feeling like a was cheated out of the full birth experience, second time around 4 and a half years later, I was determined to have a 'normal birth'. I had a much more active life style, whether that helped or not I don't know. But two days before my due date I woke up about 7.30am feeling a bit sore!! By about 11am I decided something was definitely happening and called my husband back from work and my my sister to come get the older one. I was in what I would call proper labour had phoned the hospital, who said take some painkillers and come in later when things move along a bit. I agreed with them as I was still mooching around making lunch for my daughter and niece and nephew and getting things sorted.

By 1pm, 2hrs in, everything got very strong! After ringing the hospital again and my husband having to take the phone call because the contractions were coming thick and fast, we were advised to come down as soon as possible. I was now trying to push while in the car, then again in the car park we managed to get to the security door where my poor husband was holding on to me and my bag while trying to press the button to release the door!! There was a very lovely midwife that was doing her paperwork in a near by office that heard me bearing down, came out and said, "your'e having your baby now aren't you?" I managed to whimper yes, she shouted WHEELCHAIR!!!! I was whisked away, and by 2.33pm I was holding my beautiful baby girl no.2 8lb 4oz
3hrs 33 minute start to finish !!!

I was delighted that I managed to have a natural birth second time around all be it a bit fast !!"

Submit your story to marvellousmummies@live.co.uk - please state whether you would like your name and location published otherwise by default you will become 'Anon'.

No comments:

Post a Comment