Tuesday 1 February 2011

Jade's story, Thurrock - twins with a very fast unaided home delivery!

"31st August 2010 I had a normal hospital appointment. Well I say normal, this was like my 100th one because I was carrying twins. I was 36 weeks pregnant and was really hoping that they would induce me. I layed on the bed and got that little excited feeling I always got when hearing their heartbeats, then mine skipped a beat when he told me he wanted to do a quick scan to see how they where laying. I thought this was it... he was going to tell me that he was going to induce me. I was bitterly dissapointed. Another 4 weeks at least he said. They didn't look ready. Sitting indoors, I was upset. My back was killing me, I hadnt had a decent nights sleep in months and I longed to see my baby boys. Even on the TV, soap stars where having their babies. Off to bed I went with a heavy heart.

2.30am. Woke up with a bad belly ache. I remember thinking about what I had eaten that day and what could be causing it. Food poisoning was all I needed! Spent about 20 minutes on the toilet. Diarrhoea... nice!!! Went back to bed and closed my eyes, but five minutes later I was back on the toilet. I was starting to worry that I was seriously ill and called my partner. That's when I realised there was blood on my tissue. My bloody show!!! It had never occured to me that I was in labour. We knew we had to get to the hospital. My parter woke our two year old girl and had just removed her nappy when I felt something drop. I called him to come quickly and asked him what was happening. I think I nearly passed out when he told me he could see a head! I just remember him saying to get off the toilet as he didnt want his babies falling in there!

I only made it to the floor when I knew I had to push. My partner had rung an ambulance and was still on the phone to the operator who was guiding him through what to do. I had to push, there was no stopping it. As I was pushing I felt my waters break and the floor felt flooded. I was uncomfortable and wet but kept on pushing. Then 2 minutes later out popped Max. Looking at my partner I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. He had the phone propped up against his ear, our new born son in the other and he was fighting back the tears. Then it started all over again. The ambulance hadn't arrived yet and the second baby was on his way. We tried to juggle around in our small bathroom. Me propped up against the toilet while my partner was by the door getting ready to bring the next baby into the world. I started pushing, and the babys head had just popped out when the ambulance arrived. Well, two ambulances and a fast response car! My partner took our little girl into the next room while the paramedics delivered Aiden. I remember crying because I couldn't hear him crying. I just wanted to see him too. Why wasn't he crying? The paramedic then told me that he was still in his sack and it took them a minute to get him out and place him in my arms. 1st September 2010, At 2.30am I went into labour. By 3:50am Max (6lb 9oz) was born and five minutes later along came Aiden (5lb 5oz). I hadn't realised I was in labout until ten minutes before they where born. I guess they wanted to see us as much as we wanted to see them!"

Submit your story to marvellousmummies@live.co.uk - please state whether you would like your name and location published otherwise by default you will become 'Anon'.

No comments:

Post a Comment