Sunday 16 January 2011

Hello and an introduction

My name is Kate, I'm 27 years old, married and I have 3 little boys. I have been pregnant almost constantly since June 2007 and I am now on a break for a while before trying to conceive baby number 4.
I'll be frank, I don't enjoy pregnancy all that much. I don't do the whole 'glowing' thing - I'm more of a sufferer unfortunately. What with all day and night sickness, sacroiliac joint dysfunction, water retention, heart burn, constipation and a myriad of other delights, I waddle through, focussing on the little bundle I'll get at the end of it all. Birth is a double whammy of intense pain and sheer elation... labour and birth, especially the minutes straight after your small human has arrived into the world in a squelchy, bloody puddle is amazing.
I've started this blog to collect birth and labour stories from everyone who wishes to share their experience. I love reading about other women's labours and hearing about home births, arguments with doctors, which drugs you went for (or didn't), after care, baby name choices... I'll start off with the birth story of my second little boy (simply because it's the only one I've managed to write up so far) and I hope you'll join me soon.

Use the email address above to submit your story. Please say whether you would like names and locations printed. If you don't tell me, by default you'll become an 'Anon'.

No comments:

Post a Comment